The first pictures from the introductory week are online!
The first impressions are online and can be found in the gallery.
Computer Science at TU Dresden. Unknown city, big campus, lots of new people. We are your student representatives, also known as FSR and warmly welcome you to the university. From now on, you are a student of the Faculty of Computer Science.
To make your start here go as smoothly and easily as possible, we have organized a lot of events during the week from 1st to 5th of October before the lectures begin. At TU Dresden the orientation week is referred to as ESE. Unfortunately, some of those events take place during the math preparatory courses (“Brückenkurs”). We recommend attending the “ESE”, especially, as there is an online course available again this year.
First Things First
The ESE starts with breakfast on Monday, 1st October at 9am. Please bring your student id (Studentenausweis), your photo id, the Emeal certificate (Emeal Bescheinigung) and 10€ (5€ deposit and 5€ or more credit) for the canteen-card Emeal. You can find more information on the website of the Studentenwerk Dresden. You can get your personal canteen-card every day during the breakfast. An extensive collection of everything you need to know can also be found in this brochure (german only).
Every new student at the Faculty of Computer Science is invited to join the ESE. In addition to the main events organized by us there are dedicated introductory meetings for other study paths than pure Computer Science or Media Computer Science. Have a look:
- Master Distributed Systems Engineering
- Diploma Information Systems Engineering
- Master Computational Logic: The introductory event for this course of study will take place on Monday of the first lecture week (8th of October 2018) at 9:20am in room APB/E005. Further information can be found in the information leaflet.
- Master Computational Modelling and Simulation: The introductory event for this course of study will take place on Friday (5th of October 2018) at 1pm in room APB/E065. Further information can be found in the information leaflet.
- Master Computational Science and Engineering
- Teaching Studies
During the ESE week you can recognize helpers by their beautiful
#CB6040 t-shirts. Simply walk up to them and talk to them. You can ask them anything, no need to be shy. Of course you can always contact the FSR via email, phone or social media. The office should be occupied as well at all times during the week.